We Are the
No matter what industry or sector you are looking to start your business in, SPC Free Zone provides choice from a wide array of business activities from various sectors including services & consulting, commercial, publishing, wholesale, and retail. You will find the right fit with SPC Free Zone for your business needs.
We offer flexibility to combine business activities from various sectors in your trade license along with the choice of setting up your business in both free zone and mainland through our dual license option.
Flexibility in what your business needs
We offer flexibility to anyone looking to set up a business allowing you to combine up to 5 business actives from various sectors under one trade license without any additional fees.
There are over 1,500 business activities to choose from for your business at SPC Free Zone, so you will never be limited either when setting up or when growing your business.
Search for Business Activities
Choose from over 1,500 business activities from various sectors to tailor to your business needs.
Overview of Business Activities available at SPC Free Zone
- Creation and realization of advertising campaigns: • Creating and placing advertising in newspapers, periodicals, radio, television, the internet and other media • Creating and placing of outdoor advertising, e.g. billboards, panels, bulletins and frames, window dressing, showroom design, car and bus carding etc. • Media representation, i.e. sale of time and space for various media soliciting advertising • Aerial advertising • Distribution or delivery of advertising material or samples • Provision of advertising space on billboards etc. • Creation of stands and other display structures and sites
- Conducting marketing campaigns and other advertising services aimed at attracting and retaining customers: • Promotion of products • Point-of-sale marketing • Direct mail advertising • Marketing consulting
- Digital marketing
- Public relations consultancy
- Publications of brochures & leaflets
- Online Marketing Services
- Direct marketing
- Social media services
- Sales promotion
- Online advertising
- Investigation into market potential, acceptance and familiarity of products and buying habits of consumers for the purpose of sales promotion and development of new
- Investigation into collective opinions of the public about political, economic and social issues and statistical analysis thereof
- Specialty communication & PR
- Media representation
- Media monitoring
- Media consultancy: • Broadcasting • Press • News • TV & Radio • Production • Post-Production
- Communication consultancy
- Commercial and consumer photograph production: • Portrait photography for passports, schools, weddings etc. • Photography for commercials, publishers, fashion, real estate or tourism purposes • Aerial photography • Videotaping of events: weddings, meetings etc.
- Film processing: • Developing, printing and enlarging from client-taken negatives or cine-films • Film developing and photo printing laboratories • One hour photo shops (not part of camera stores) • Mounting of slides • Copying and restoring or transparency retouching in connection with photographs
- Activities of photojournalists
- Microfilming of documents
- Fashion design related to textiles, wearing apparel, shoes, jewelry, furniture and other interior decoration and other fashion goods as well as other personal or household
- Industrial design, i.e. creating and developing designs and specifications that optimize the use, value and appearance of products, including the determination of the materials, construction, mechanism, shape, colour and surface finishes of the product, taking into consideration human characteristics and needs, safety, market appeal and efficiency in production, distribution, use and maintenance
- Activities of graphic designers
- Activities of interior decorators
- Other professional, scientific and technical activities
- Business brokerage activities, i.e. arranging for the purchase and sale of small and medium-sized businesses, including professional practices, but not including real estate brokerage
- Patent brokerage activities (arranging for the purchase and sale of patents)
- Appraisal activities other than for real estate and insurance (for antiques, jewellery, etc.)
- Bill auditing and freight rate information
- Activities of quantity surveyors
- Weather forecasting activities
- Security consulting
- Agronomy consulting
- Environmental consulting
- Other technical consulting
- Activities of consultants other than architecture, engineering and management consultants
- Activities carried on by agents and agencies on behalf of individuals usually involving the obtaining of engagements in motion picture, theatrical production or other entertainment or sports attractions and the placement of books, plays, artworks, photographs etc., with publishers, producers etc.
- Human resources consultancy
Computer programming activities
- Designing the structure and content of, and/or writing the computer code necessary to create and implement: • Systems software (including updates and patches) • Software applications (including updates and patches) • Databases • Web pages
- Customizing of software, i.e. modifying and configuring an existing application so that it is functional within the clients' information system environment
Computer consultancy and computer facilities management activities
- Computer programming, consultancy and related activities
- Provision of on-site management and operation of clients' computer systems and/or data processing facilities, as well as related support services
- Digital content services
- Concept & design consultancy
Other information technology and computer service activities
- Computer disaster recovery
- Installation (setting-up) of personal computers
- Software installation
- IT security management
- Cyber security consultancy
- Security systems consultancy
- Cyber risk management services
- Innovation and artificial intelligence research and consultancies
Data processing, hosting and related activities
- Provision of infrastructure for hosting, data processing services and related activities
- Specialized hosting activities such as: • Web hosting • Streaming services • Application hosting
- Application service provisioning
- General time-share provision of mainframe facilities to clients
- Data processing activities: • Complete processing of data supplied by clients • Generation of specialized reports from data supplied by clients
- Provision of data entry services
- Operation of web sites that use a search engine to generate and maintain extensive databases of internet addresses and content in an easily searchable format
- Operation of other websites that act as portals to the internet, such as media sites providing periodically updated content
News agency activities
- News syndicate and news agency activities furnishing news, pictures and features to the media
Other information service activities n.e.c.
- Telephone based information services
- Information search services on a contract or fee basis
- Publishing of books, brochures, leaflets and similar publications, including publishing of dictionaries and encyclopedias
- Publishing of atlases, maps and charts
- Publishing of audio books
- Publishing of encyclopedias etc. on CD-ROM
- E-books publishing
Publishing of directories and mailing lists
- Publishing of mailing lists
- Publishing of telephone books
- Publishing of other directories and compilations, such as case law, pharmaceutical compendia etc.
Publishing of newspapers, journals and periodicals
- Publishing of newspapers, including advertising newspapers
- Publishing of periodicals and other journals, including publishing of radio and television schedules publishing can be done in print or electronic form, including on the internet.
Other publishing activities
- Publishing (including on-line) of: • Catalogs • Photos, engravings and postcards • Greeting cards • Forms • Posters, reproduction of works of art • Advertising material • Other printed matter
- Publishing of ready-made (non-customized) software: • Operating systems • Business and other applications • Computer games for all platforms
Motion picture, video and television programme production activities
- Production of motion pictures, videos, television programmes or television commercials
- Media support services
Motion picture, video and television programme post-production activities
- Post-production activities such as: • Editing, titling, subtitling, credits • Closed captioning • Computer-produced graphics, animation and special effects • Film/tape transfers
- Activities of motion picture film laboratories and activities of special laboratories for animated films: • Developing and processing motion picture film • Reproduction of motion picture film for theatrical distribution
- Activities of stock footage film libraries etc.
Motion picture, video and television programme distribution activities
- Distributing film, video tapes, DVDs and similar productions to motion picture theatres, television networks and stations and exhibitors
- Acquiring film, video tape and DVD distribution rights
- Media archiving
Motion picture projection activities
- Motion picture or videotape projection in cinemas, in the open air or in other projection facilities
- Activities of cine-clubs
- Production of original (sound) master recordings, such as tapes, CDs
- Sound recording service activities in a studio or elsewhere, including the production of taped (i.e. non-live) radio programming, audio for film, television etc.
- Music publishing, i.e. activities of: • Acquiring and registering copyrights for musical compositions • Promoting, authorizing and using these compositions in recordings, radio, television, motion pictures, live performances, print and other media • Distributing sound recordings to wholesalers, retailers or directly to the public.
- Publishing of music and sheet books
- Music production & recordings
- Music promotion & management
- Broadcasting audio signals through radio broadcasting studios and facilities for the transmission of aural programming to the public, to affiliates or to subscribers
- Activities of radio networks, i.e. assembling and transmitting aural programming to the affiliates or subscribers via over-the-air broadcasts, cable or satellite
- Radio broadcasting activities over the internet (internet radio stations)
- Data broadcasting integrated with radio broadcasting
- Creation of a complete television channel programme, from purchased programme components (e.g. movies, documentaries etc.), self produced programme components (e.g. local news, live reports) or a combination thereof
- Programming of video-on-demand channels
- Data broadcasting integrated with television broadcasting
- Purchasing access and network capacity from owners and operators of networks and providing telecommunications services using this capacity to businesses and households
- Provision of internet access by the operator of the wired infrastructure
- Operating, maintaining or providing access to facilities for the transmission of voice, data, text, sound and video using a wired telecommunications infrastructure, including: • Operating and maintaining switching and transmission facilities to provide point-top oint communications via landlines, microwave or a combination of landlines and satellite linkups • Operating of cable distribution systems (e.g. for distribution of data and television signals) • Furnishing telegraph and other non-vocal communications using own facilities the transmission facilities that carry out these activities, may be based on a single technology or a combination of technologies.
- Operating, maintaining or providing access to facilities for the transmission of voice, data, text, sound, and video using a wireless telecommunications infrastructure
- Maintaining and operating paging as well as cellular and other wireless telecommunications networks.
- Purchasing access and network capacity from owners and operators of networks and providing wireless telecommunications services (except satellite) using this capacity to businesses and households
- Provision of internet access by the operator of the wireless infrastructure
- Operating, maintaining or providing access to facilities for the transmission of voice, data, text, sound and video using a satellite telecommunications infrastructure
- Delivery of visual, aural or textual programming received from cable networks, local television stations or radio networks to consumers via direct-to-home satellite systems (the units classified here do not generally originate programming material.)
- Provision of internet access by the operator of the satellite infrastructure
- Rovision of specialized telecommunications applications, such as satellite tracking, communications telemetry, and radar station operations
- Operation of satellite terminal stations and associated facilities operationally connected with one or more terrestrial communications systems and capable of transmitting telecommunications to or receiving telecommunications from satellite systems
- Operation of satellite terminal stations and associated facilities operationally connected with one or more terrestrial communications systems and capable of transmitting telecommunications to or receiving telecommunications from satellite systems
- Provision of telephone and internet access in facilities open to the public
- Provision of telecommunications services over existing telecom connections: • Voip (voice over internet protocol) provision
- Telecommunications resellers (i.e. purchasing and reselling network capacity without providing additional services)
- Printing of newspapers, magazines and other periodicals, books and brochures, music and music manuscripts, maps, atlases, posters, advertising catalogues, prospectuses and other printed advertising, postage stamps, taxation stamps, documents of title, cheques and other security papers, diaries, calendars, business forms and other commercial printed matter, personal stationery and other printed matter by letterpress, offset, photogravure, flexographic and other printing presses, duplication machines, computer printers, embossers etc., including quick printing. the material printed is typically copyrighted.
- Printing directly onto textiles, plastic, glass, metal, wood and ceramics (except silkscreen printing on textiles and wearing apparel)
- Printing on labels or tags (lithographic, gravure printing, flexographic printing, other)
Service activities related to printing
- Binding of printed sheets, e.g. into books, brochures, magazines, catalogues etc., byfolding, assembling, stitching, glueing, collating, basting, adhesive binding, trimming.
- Composition, typesetting, phototypesetting, pre-press data input including scanning and optical character recognition, electronic make-up
- Plate-making services including imagesetting and plate-setting (for the printing processes letterpress and offset)
- Engraving or etching of cylinders for gravure
- Plate processes direct to plate (also photopolymer plates)
- Preparation of plates and dies for relief stamping or printing
- Production of proofs
- Artistic work including preparation of litho stones and prepared woodblocks
- Production of reprographic products
- Design of printing products e.g. sketches, layouts, dummies etc.
- Other graphic activities such as die-sinking or die-stamping, braille copying, punching and drilling, embossing, varnishing and laminating, collating and insetting, creasing
- Reproduction from master copies of gramophone records, compact discs and tapes with music or other sound recordings
- Reproduction from master copies of records, compact discs and tapes with motion pictures and other video recordings
- Reproduction from master copies of software and data on discs and tapes
- Production of live theatrical presentations, concerts and opera or dance productions and other stage productions: • Activities of groups, circuses or companies, orchestras or bands • Activities of individual artists such as authors, actors, directors, musicians, lecturers or speakers, stage-set designers and builders etc.
- Operation of concert and theatre halls and other arts facilities
- Activities of sculptors, painters, cartoonists, engravers, etchers etc.
- Activities of individual writers, for all subjects including fictional writing, technical writing etc.
- Activities of independent journalists
- Restoring of works of art such as paintings etc.
- Activities of producers or entrepreneurs of arts live events, with or without facilities
- Event organizing
- Art production
- Performing arts management
- Music training
- Art consulting
- Music consultancy
- Hospitality services
- E-gaming services & solutions
Non-specialized wholesale trade
- Wholesale of a variety of goods without any particular specialization
Wholesale of metals and metal ores
- Wholesale of ferrous and non-ferrous metal ores
- Wholesale of ferrous and non-ferrous metals in primary forms
- Wholesale of ferrous and non-ferrous semi-finished metal products n.e.c.
- Wholesale of gold and other precious metals
Wholesale of construction materials, hardware, plumbing and heating equipment and supplies
- Wholesale of wood in the rough
- Wholesale of products of primary processing of wood
- Wholesale of paint and varnish
- Wholesale of construction materials: • Sand, gravel
- Wholesale of wallpaper and floor coverings
- Wholesale of flat glass
- Wholesale of hardware and locks
- Wholesale of fittings and fixtures
- Wholesale of hot water heaters
- Wholesale of sanitary equipment: • Baths, washbasins, toilets and other sanitary porcelain
- Wholesale of sanitary installation equipment: tubes, pipes, fittings, taps, t-pieces, connections, rubber pipes etc.
- Wholesale of tools such as hammers, saws, screwdrivers and other hand tools
Wholesale of textiles, clothing and footwear
- Wholesale of yarn
- Wholesale of fabrics
- Wholesale of household linen etc.
- Wholesale of haberdashery: needles, sewing thread etc.
- Wholesale of clothing, including sports clothes
- Wholesale of clothing accessories such as gloves, ties and braces
- Wholesale of footwear
- Wholesale of fur articles
- Wholesale of umbrellas
Wholesale of other household goods
- Wholesale of household furniture
- Wholesale of household appliances
- Wholesale of consumer electronics: • Radio and TV equipment • CD and DVD players and recorders • Stereo equipment • Video game consoles
- Wholesale of lighting equipment
- Wholesale of cutlery
- Wholesale of china and glassware
- Wholesale of woodenware, wickerwork and corkware etc.
- Wholesale of pharmaceutical and medical goods
- Wholesale of perfumery cosmetics, beauty products and soaps
- Wholesale of bicycles and their parts and accessories
- Wholesale of stationery, books, magazines and newspapers
- Wholesale of photographic and optical goods (e.g. sunglasses, binoculars, magnifying glasses)
- Wholesale of recorded audio and video tapes, CDs, DVDs
- Wholesale of leather goods and travel accessories
- Wholesale of watches, clocks and jewellery
- Wholesale of musical instruments, games and toys, sports goods
- Wholesale of personal requisites
- Gifts trading
- Equipment trading of e-games and entertainment halls
- Wholesale of fruit and vegetables
- Wholesale of dairy products
- Wholesale of eggs and egg products
- Wholesale of edible oils and fats of animal or vegetable origin
- Wholesale of meat and meat products
- Wholesale of fishery products
- Wholesale of sugar, chocolate and sugar confectionery
- Wholesale of bakery products
- Wholesale of beverages
- Wholesale of coffee, tea, cocoa and spices
- Wholesale of feed for pet animals
- Activities of commission agents and all other wholesalers who trade on behalf and on the account of others
- Activities of those involved in bringing sellers and buyers
- Wholesale of grains and seeds
- Wholesale of oleaginous fruits
- Wholesale of flowers and plants
- Wholesale of live animals
- Wholesale of hides and skins
- Wholesale of leather
- Wholesale of agricultural material, waste, residues and by-products used for animal feed
Wholesale of computers, computer peripheral equipment and software
- Wholesale of computers and computer peripheral equipment
- Wholesale of software
Wholesale of electronic and telecommunications equipment and parts
- Wholesale of electronic valves and tubes
- Wholesale of semiconductor devices
- Wholesale of microchips and integrated circuits
- Wholesale of printed circuits
- Wholesale of blank audio and video tapes and diskettes, magnetic and optical disks (CDs, DVDs)
- Wholesale of telephone and communications equipment
Wholesale of agricultural machinery, equipment and supplies
- Wholesale of agricultural machinery and equipment: • Ploughs, manure spreaders, seeders • Harvesters • Threshers • Milking machines • Poultry-keeping machines, bee-keeping machines • Tractors used in agriculture and forestry
- Lawn mowers however operated
Wholesale of other machinery and equipment
- Wholesale of office machinery and equipment, except computers and computer peripheral equipment
- Wholesale of office furniture
- Wholesale of transport equipment except motor vehicles, motorcycles and bicycles
- Wholesale of production-line robots
- Wholesale of wires and switches and other installation equipment for industrial use
- Wholesale of other electrical material such as electrical motors, transformers
- Wholesale of machine tools of any type and for any material
- Wholesale of other machinery n.e.c. for use in industry, trade and navigation and other services
- Wholesale of computer-controlled machine tools
- Wholesale of computer-controlled machinery for the textile industry and of computer controlled sewing and knitting machines
- Wholesale of measuring instruments and equipment
Retail sale via mail order houses or via Internet
- Retail sale of any kind of product by mail order
- Retail sale of any kind of product over the internet
- Direct sale via television, radio and telephone
- Internet retail auctions
Other retail sale not in stores, stalls or markets
- Retail sale of any kind of product: • By direct sales or door-to-door sales persons • Through vending machines etc.
- Direct selling of fuel (heating oil, fire wood etc.), delivered directly to the customers premises
- Activities of non-store auctions (retail)
- Retail sale by (non-store) commission agents
Retail sale in non-specialized stores with food or beverages predominating
- Retail sale of a large variety of goods of which, however, food products and beverages should be predominant, such as: • Retail sale activities of general stores that have, apart from their main sales of food products and beverages, several other types of goods such as wearing apparel, furniture, appliances, hardware, cosmetics etc.
Other retail sale in non-specialized stores
- Retail sale of a large variety of goods of which, however, food products and beverages should be predominant, such as: • Retail sale activities of department stores carrying a general line of goods, including wearing apparel, furniture, appliances, hardware, cosmetics, jewellery, toys, sports goods etc.
Retail sale of food in specialized stores
- Retail sale of any the following types of goods: • Fresh or preserved fruit and vegetables • Dairy products and eggs • Meat and meat products (including poultry) • Fish, other seafood and products thereof • Bakery products • Sugar confectionery • Other food products
Retail sale of beverages in specialized stores
- Retail sale of beverages (not for consumption on the premises): • Non-alcoholic beverages
- Retail sale of fuel for motor vehicles and motorcycles
- Retail sale of lubricating products and cooling products for motor vehicles
Retail sale of computers, peripheral units, software and telecommunications equipment in specialized stores
- Retail of Computers
- Retail sale of computer peripheral equipment
- Retail sale of video game consoles
- Retail sale of non-customized software, including video games
- Retail sale of telecommunication equipment
Retail sale of audio and video equipment in specialized stores
- Retail sale of radio and television equipment
- Retail sale of stereo equipment
- Retail sale of CD and DVD players and recorders
Retail sale of textiles in specialized stores
- Retail sale of fabrics
- Retail sale of knitting yarn
- Retail sale of basic materials for rug, tapestry or embroidery making
- Retail sale of textiles
- Retail sale of haberdashery: needles, sewing thread etc.
Retail sale of hardware, paints and glass in specialized stores
- Retail sale of hardware
- Retail sale of paints, varnishes and lacquers
- Retail sale of flat glass
- Retail sale of other building material such as bricks, wood, sanitary equipment
- Retail sale of do-it-yourself material and equipment
- Retail sale of lawnmowers, however operated
- Retail sale of saunas
Retail sale of carpets, rugs, wall and floor coverings in specialized stores
- Retail sale of carpets and rugs
- Retail sale of curtains and net curtains
- Retail sale of wallpaper and floor coverings
Retail sale of electrical household appliances, furniture, lighting equipment and other household articles in specialized stores
- Retail sale of household furniture
- Retail sale of articles for lighting
- Retail sale of household utensils and cutlery, crockery, glassware, china and pottery
- Retail sale of wooden, cork and wickerwork goods
- Retail sale of household appliances
- Retail sale of musical instruments and scores
- Retail sale of security systems, such as locking devices, safes, and vaults, without installation or maintenance services
- Retail sale of household articles and equipment n.e.c.
Retail sale of books, newspapers and stationary in specialized stores
- Retail sale of books of all kinds
- Retail sale of newspapers and stationery
- Retail sale of office supplies such as pens, pencils, paper etc.
Retail sale of music and video recordings in specialized stores
- Retail sale of musical records, audio tapes, compact discs and cassettes
- Retail sale of video tapes and DVDs
- Retail sale of blank tapes and discs
Retail sale of sporting equipment in specialized stores
- Retail sale of sports goods, fishing gear, camping goods, boats and bicycles
Retail sale of games and toys in specialized stores
- Retail sale of games and toys, made of all materials
Retail sale of clothing, footwear and leather articles in specialized stores
- Retail sale of articles of clothing
- Retail sale of articles of fur
- Retail sale of clothing accessories such as gloves, ties, braces etc.
- Retail sale of umbrellas
- Retail sale of footwear
- Retail sale of leather goods
- Retail sale of travel accessories of leather and leather substitutes
Retail sale of pharmaceutical and medical goods, cosmetic and toilet articles in specialized stores
- Retail sale of pharmaceuticals
- Retail sale of medical and orthopedic goods
- Retail sale of perfumery and cosmetic articles
Other retail sale of new goods in specialized stores
- Retail sale of photographic, optical and precision equipment
- Activities of opticians
- Retail sale of watches, clocks and jewellery
- Retail sale of flowers, plants, seeds, fertilizers and pet food
- Retail sale of souvenirs and craftwork
- Activities of commercial art galleries
- Retail sale of household fuel oil, bottled gas, coal and fuel wood
- Retail sale of cleaning materials
- Retail sale of stamps and coins
- Retail sale of non-food products n.e.c.
Retail sale of second-hand goods
- Activities of auctioning houses (retail)
- Retail sale of second-hand books
- Retail sale of other second-hand goods
- Retail sale of antiques
Retail sale via stalls and markets of food and beverages
- Retail sale of food and beverages via stalls or markets
Retail sale via stalls and markets of textiles, clothing and footwear
- Retail sale of textiles, clothing and footwear via stalls or markets
Retail sale via stalls and markets of other goods
- Retail sale of other goods via stalls or markets, such as: • Carpets and rugs • Books • Games and toys • Household appliances and consumer electronics • Music and video recordings
- Wholesale and retail sale of new and used vehicles: • Passenger motor vehicles, including specialized passenger motor vehicles such as ambulances and minibuses, etc. • Lorries, trailers and semi-trailers • Camping vehicles such as caravans and motor homes
- Wholesale and retail sale of off-road motor vehicles (jeeps, etc.)
- Wholesale and retail sale by commission agents
- Car auctions
- Maintenance and repair of motor vehicles: • Mechanical repairs • Electrical repairs • Electronic injection systems repair • Ordinary servicing • Bodywork repair • Repair of motor vehicle parts • Washing, polishing, etc. • Spraying and painting • Repair of screens and windows • Repair of motor vehicle seats
- Tyre and tube repair, fitting or replacement
- Anti-rust treatment
- Installation of parts and accessories not as part of the manufacturing process
Sale, maintenance and repair of motorcycles and related parts and accessories
- Wholesale and retail sale of motorcycles, including mopeds
- Wholesale and retail sale of parts and accessories for motorcycles (including by commission agents and mail order houses)
- Maintenance and repair of motorcycles
- Marketing, public relations & communication consultancy
- Lobbying activities
- Design of accounting methods or procedures, cost accounting programmes, budgetary control procedures
- Advice and help to businesses and public services in planning, organization, efficiency and control, management information etc.
- Strategy advisory services
- Digital content management
- Project management services
- Immigration consultancy
- Logistics consultancy
- Public relation services
- Hospitality management consultancy
- Health management consulting services
- Quality, standardization and measuring consultancy
- Procurement consulting
- Cargo freight consultancy
- Head offices
- Centralized administrative offices
- Corporate offices
- District and regional offices
- Subsidiary management offices
- Recording of commercial transactions from businesses or others
- Preparation or auditing of financial accounts
- Examination of accounts and certification of their accuracy
- Preparation of personal and business income tax returns
- Advisory activities and representation on behalf of clients before tax authorities
- General counselling and advising, preparation of legal documents: • Articles of incorporation, partnership agreements or similar documents in connection with company formation
- Architectural consulting activities: • Building design and drafting • Town and city planning and landscape architecture
- Engineering design (i.e. applying physical laws and principles of engineering in the design of machines, materials, instruments, structures, processes and systems) and consulting activities for: • Machinery, industrial processes and industrial plant • Projects involving civil engineering, hydraulic engineering, traffic engineering • Water management projects • Projects elaboration and realization relative to electrical and electronic engineering, mining engineering, chemical engineering, mechanical, industrial and systems engineering, safety engineering • Project management activities related to construction
- Elaboration of projects using air conditioning, refrigeration, sanitary and pollution control engineering, acoustical engineering etc.
- Geophysical, geologic and seismic surveying
- Geodetic surveying activities: • Land and boundary surveying activities • Hydrologic surveying activities • Subsurface surveying activities • Cartographic and spatial information activities
- Engineering consultancy
- Civil engineering consultancy
- Engineering consultancy of ship building
- Aviation consultancy
- Marine services consultancy
- Periodic road-safety testing of motor vehicles
- Testing with use of models or mock-ups (e.g. of aircraft, ships, dams etc.)
- Operation of police laboratories
- Performance of physical, chemical and other analytical testing of all types of materials and products (see below for exceptions): • Acoustics and vibration testing • Testing of composition and purity of minerals etc. • Testing activities in the field of food hygiene, including veterinary testing and control in relation to food production • Testing of physical characteristics and performance of materials, such as strength, thickness, durability, radioactivity etc. • Qualification and reliability testing • Performance testing of complete machinery: motors, automobiles, electronic equipment etc. • Radiographic testing of welds and joints • Failure analysis • Testing and measuring of environmental indicators: air and water pollution etc.
- Certification of products, including consumer goods, motor vehicles, aircraft, pressurized containers, nuclear plants etc.
- Research and experimental development on natural science and engineering: • Research and development on natural sciences • Research and development on engineering and technology • Research and development on medical sciences • Research and development on biotechnology • Research and development on agricultural sciences • Interdisciplinary research and development, predominantly on natural sciences and engineering
- Chemical industries consultancy
- Research and development on social sciences
- Research and development on humanities
- Interdisciplinary research and development, predominantly on social sciences and humanities
Administration of financial markets
- - operation and supervision of financial markets other than by public authorities, such as: commodity contracts exchanges futures commodity contracts exchanges securities exchanges stock exchanges stock or commodity options exchanges
Security and commodity contracts brokerage
- - dealing in financial markets on behalf of others (e.g. stock broking) and related activities
- - securities brokerage
- - commodity contracts brokerage
- - activities of bureaux de change etc.
Other activities auxiliary to financial service activities
- Financial transaction processing and settlement activities, including for credit card transactions
- Investment advisory services
- Activities of mortgage advisers and brokers
- Trustee, fiduciary and custody services on a fee or contract basis
- Investments consultancy
- Compliance consultancy
- Financial advisory and financial analysis
- Financial consultancy
- Economic advisory
- Mortgage consultancy
Risk and damage evaluation
- Assessing insurance claims • Claims adjusting • Risk assessing • Risk and damage evaluation • Average and loss adjusting
- Settling insurance claims
Activities of insurance agents and brokers
- Activities of insurance agents and brokers (insurance intermediaries) in selling, negotiating or soliciting of annuities and insurance and reinsurance policies
Other activities auxiliary to insurance and pension funding
- Activities involved in or closely related to insurance and pension funding (except claims adjusting and activities of insurance agents): • Salvage administration • Actuarial services
Other monetary intermediation
- This class includes the receiving of deposits and/or close substitutes for deposits and extending of credit or lending funds. The granting of credit can take a variety of forms, such as loans, mortgages, credit cards etc. These activities are generally carried out by monetary institutions other than central banks, such as: banks, savings banks and credit unions
- - postal giro and postal savings bank activities
- - credit granting for house purchase by specialized deposit-taking institutions
- - money order activities
- Is class includes the activities of holding companies, i.e. units that hold the assets (owning controlling-levels of equity) of a group of subsidiary corporations and whose principal activity is owning the group. the holding companies in this class do not provide any other service to the businesses in which the equity is held, i.e. they do not administer or manage other units.
- Leasing where the term approximately covers the expected life of the asset and the lessee acquires substantially all the benefits of its use and takes all the risks associated with its ownership. the ownership of the asset may or may not eventually be transferred. such leases cover all or virtually all costs including interest.
Other credit granting
- Financial service activities primarily concerned with making loans by institutions not involved in monetary intermediation, where the granting of credit can take a variety of forms, such as loans, mortgages, credit cards etc., providing the following types of services: • Granting of consumer credit • International trade financing • Provision of long-term finance to industry by industrial banks • Money lending outside the banking system • Credit granting for house purchase by specialized non-depository institutions • Pawnshops and pawnbrokers
Other financial service activities, except insurance and pension funding activities, n.e.c.
- Other financial service activities primarily concerned with distributing funds other than by making loans: • Factoring activities • Writing of swaps, options and other hedging arrangements • Activities of viatical settlement companies
- Own-account investment activities, such as by venture capital companies, investment clubs etc.
- Underwriting annuities and life insurance policies, disability income insurance policies, and accidental death and dismemberment insurance policies (with or without a substantial savings element).
- Provision of insurance services other than life insurance: • Accident and fire insurance • Health insurance • Travel insurance • Property insurance • Motor, marine, aviation and transport insurance • Pecuniary loss and liability insurance
- Activities of assuming all or part of the risk associated with existing insurance policies originally underwritten by other insurance carriers
 Pension funding This class includes legal entities (i.e. funds, plans and/or programmes) organized to provide retirement income benefits exclusively for the sponsor's employees or members. This includes pension plans with defined benefits, as well as individual plans where benefits are simply defined through the member's contribution.
- employee benefit plans
- pension funds and plans
- retirement plans
- Provision of non-instructional services that support educational processes or systems: • Educational consulting • Educational guidance counseling services • Educational testing evaluation services • Educational testing services • Organization of student exchange programs
- Training consultancy
- Education consultancy
- Hospitality and tourism training services
 Pre-primary and primary education This class includes the provision of instruction designed primarily to introduce very young children to a school-type environment and instruction that gives students a sound basic education in reading, writing and mathematics along with an elementary understanding of other subjects such as history, geography, natural science, social science, art and music. Such education is generally provided for children, however the provision of literacy programmes within or outside the school system, which are similar in content to programmes in primary education but are intended for those considered too old to enter elementary schools, is also included. Also included is the provision of programmes at a similar level, suited to children with special needs education. Education can be provided in classrooms or through radio, television broadcast, Internet, correspondence or at home.
- Pre-primary education
- Primary education
 Technical and vocational secondary education This class includes education typically emphasizing subject-matter specialization and instruction in both theoretical background and practical skills generally associated with present or prospective employment. The aim of a programme can vary from preparation for a general field of employment to a very specific job. Instruction may be provided in diverse settings, such as the unit's or client's training facilities, educational institutions, the workplace, or the home, and through correspondence, television, Internet, or other means.
General secondary education - This class includes provision of the type of education that lays the foundation for lifelong learning and human development and is capable of furthering education opportunities. Such units provide programmes that are usually on a more subject-oriented pattern using more specialized teachers, and more often employ several teachers conducting classes in their field of specialization. Education can be provided in classrooms or through radio, television broadcast, Internet, correspondence or at home. Subject specialization at this level often begins to have some influence even on the educational experience of those pursuing a general programme. Such programmes are designated to qualify students either for technical and vocational education or for entrance to higher education without any special subject prerequisite.
- General school education in the first stage of the secondary level corresponding more or less to the period of compulsory school attendance
- Technical and vocational education below the level of higher education
- sports instruction (baseball, basketball, cricket, football, etc)
- camps, sports instruction
- cheerleading instruction
- gymnastics instruction
- riding instruction, academies or schools
- swimming instruction
- professional sports instructors, teachers, coaches
- martial arts instruction
- card game instruction (such as bridge)
- yoga instruction
Other education n.e.c. This class includes the provision of instruction and specialized training, generally for adults, not comparable to the general education in groups 851–853. This class does not include activities of academic schools, colleges, and universities. Instruction may be provided in diverse settings, such as the unit's or client's training facilities, educational institutions, the workplace, or the home, and through correspondence, radio, television, Internet, in classrooms or by other means. Such instruction does not lead to a high school diploma, baccalaureate or graduate degree.
- education that is not definable by level
- academic tutoring services
- college board preparation
- learning centres offering remedial courses
- professional examination review courses
- language instruction and conversational skills instruction
- speed reading instruction
- religious instruction
- automobile driving schools
- Flying schools
- Lifeguard training
- Survival training
- Public speaking training
- Computer training
Washing and (dry-) cleaning of textile and fur products
- Laundering and dry-cleaning, pressing etc., of all kinds of clothing (including fur) and textiles, provided by mechanical equipment, by hand or by self-service coin-operated machines, whether for the general public or for industrial or commercial clients
- Laundry collection and delivery
- Carpet and rug shampooing and drapery and curtain cleaning, whether on clients' premises or not
- Provision of linens, work uniforms and related items by laundries
- Diaper supply services
- Repair and minor alteration of garments or other textile articles when done in connection with cleaning
Hairdressing and other beauty treatment
- Hair washing, trimming and cutting, setting, dyeing, tinting, waving, straightening and similar activities for men and women
- Shaving and beard trimming
- Facial massage, manicure and pedicure, make-up etc.
Other personal service activities n.e.c.
- Activities of turkish baths, sauna and steam baths, solariums, reducing and slandering salons, massage salons etc.
- Pet care services such as boarding, grooming, sitting and training pets
- Genealogical organizations
- Porters, valet car parkers etc.
- Concession operation of coin-operated personal service machines (photo booths, weighing machines, machines for checking blood pressure, coin-operated lockers etc.)
- Lifestyle consultancy
- Fashion design consultancy
- Lifestyle development consultancy
Activities of business and employers membership organizations
- Activities of organizations whose members’ interests centre on the development and prosperity of enterprises in a particular line of business or trade, including farming, or on the economic growth and climate of a particular geographical area without regard for the line of business.
- Activities of federations of such associations
- Activities of chambers of commerce, guilds and similar organizations
- Dissemination of information, representation before government agencies, public relations and labour negotiations of business and employer organizations
Activities of professional membership organizations
- Activities of organizations whose members’ interests centre chiefly on a particular scientific discipline, professional practice or technical field, such as medical associations, legal associations, accounting associations, engineering associations, architects associations etc.
- Activities of associations of specialists engaged in cultural activities, such as associations of writers, painters, performers of various kinds, journalists etc.
- Dissemination of information, the establishment and supervision of standards of practice, representation before government agencies and public relations of professional organizations
- Activities of learned societies
Activities of other membership organizations n.e.c.
- Activities of organizations not directly affiliated to a political party furthering a public cause or issue by means of public education, political influence, fund-raising etc.: • Environmental and ecological movements • Organizations supporting community and educational facilities n.e.c. • Organizations for the protection and betterment of special groups, e.g. minority groups • Associations for patriotic purposes, including war veterans’ associations
- Consumer associations
- Automobile associations
- Associations for the purpose of social acquaintanceship
- Associations of youth, young persons’ associations, student associations and fraternities etc.
- Associations for the pursuit of a cultural or recreational activity or hobby (other than sports or games), e.g. poetry, literature and book clubs, historical clubs, gardening clubs, film and photo clubs, music and art clubs, craft and collectors’ clubs, social clubs, carnival clubs etc.
- Grant giving activities by membership organizations or others
Repair of computers and peripheral equipment
- Repair and maintenance of: • Desktop computers • Laptop computers • Magnetic disk drives, flash drives and other storage devices • Optical disk drives (CD-RW, CD-ROM, DVD-ROM, DVD-RW) • Printers • Monitors • Keyboards • Mice, joysticks and trackball accessories • Internal and external computer modems • Dedicated computer terminals • Computer servers • Scanners, including bar code scanners • Smart card readers • Virtual reality helmets • Computer projectors
- Repair and maintenance of: • Computer terminals like automatic teller machines (atm's); point-of-sale (pos) terminals, not mechanically operated • Hand-held computers (pda's)
Repair of communication equipment
- Repair and maintenance of communications equipment such as: • Cordless telephones • Cellular phones • Carrier equipment modems • Fax machines • Communications transmission equipment (e.g. routers, bridges, modems) • Two-way radios • Commercial tv and video cameras
Repair of consumer electronics
- Repair and maintenance of consumer electronics: • Television, radio receivers • Video cassette recorders (VCR) • CD players • Household-type video cameras
Repair of household appliances and home and garden equipment
- Repair and servicing of household appliances • Refrigerators, stoves, washing machines, clothes dryers, room air conditioners, etc.
- Repair and servicing of home and garden equipment • Lawnmowers, edgers, snow- and leaf- blowers, trimmers, etc.
Repair of footwear and leather goods
- Repair and maintenance of footwear: • Shoes, boots etc.
- Fitting of heels
- Repair and maintenance of leather goods: • Luggage and the like
Repair of furniture and home furnishings
- Reupholstering, refinishing, repairing and restoring of furniture and home furnishings including office furniture
- Assembly of self-standing furniture
Repair of other personal and household goods
- Repair of bicycles
- Repair and alteration of clothing
- Repair and alteration of jewellery
- Repair of watches, clocks and their parts such as watchcases and housings of all materials; movements, chronometers, etc.
- Repair of sporting goods (except sporting guns)
- Repair of books
- Repair of musical instruments
- Repair of toys and similar articles
- Repair of other personal and household goods
- provision of accommodation in campgrounds, trailer parks, recreational camps and fishing and hunting camps for short stay visitors
- provision of space and facilities for recreational vehicles
- protective shelters or plain bivouac facilities for placing tents and/or sleeping bags
This class includes the provision of food services to customers, whether they are served while seated or serve themselves from a display of items, whether they eat the prepared meals on the premises, take them out or have them delivered. This includes the preparation and serving of meals for immediate consumption from motorized vehicles or nonmotorized carts.
- - restaurants
- - cafeterias
- - fast-food restaurants
- - pizza delivery
- - take-out eating places
- - ice cream truck vendors
- - mobile food carts
- - food preparation in market stalls
- - restaurant and bar activities connected to transportation, when carried out by separate units
This class includes the provision of food services based on contractual arrangements with the customer, at the location specified by the customer, for a specific event.
This class includes the provision of food services to customers, whether they are served while seated or serve themselves from a display of items, whether they eat the prepared meals on the premises, take them out or have them delivered. This includes the preparation and serving of meals for immediate consumption from motorized vehicles or nonmotorized carts.
- fast-food restaurants
- pizza delivery
- take-out eating places
- ice cream truck vendors
- mobile food carts
- food preparation in market stalls
- restaurant and bar activities connected to transportation, when carried out by separate units
- Buying, selling, renting and operating of self-owned or leased real estate, such as: • Apartment buildings and dwellings • Non-residential buildings, including exhibition halls, self-storage facilities, malls and shopping centers • Land
- Provision of homes and furnished or unfurnished flats or apartments for more permanent use, typically on a monthly or annual basis
- Development of building projects for own operation, i.e. for renting of space in these buildings
- Subdividing real estate into lots, without land improvement
- Operation of residential mobile home sites
- Activities of real estate agents and brokers
- Intermediation in buying, selling and renting of real estate on a fee or contract basis
- Management of real estate on a fee or contract basis
- Appraisal services for real estate
- Activities of real estate escrow agents
- Real estate consultancy
- Renting and operational leasing of the following types of vehicles: • Passenger cars (without drivers) • Trucks, utility trailers and recreational vehicles
Renting and leasing of recreational and sports goods
- Renting of recreational and sports equipment: • Pleasure boats, canoes, sailboats, • Bicycles • Beach chairs and umbrellas • Other sports equipment • Skis
Renting of video tapes and disks
- Renting of video tapes, records, CDs, DVDs etc.
Renting and leasing of other personal and household goods
- Renting of all kinds of household or personal goods, to households or industries (except recreational and sports equipment): • Textiles, wearing apparel and footwear • Furniture, pottery and glass, kitchen and tableware, electrical appliances and house wares • Jewellery, musical instruments, scenery and costumes • Books, journals and magazines • Machinery and equipment used by amateurs or as a hobby e.g. tools for home repairs • Flowers and plants • Electronic equipment for household use
- Renting and operational leasing, without operator, of other machinery and equipment that are generally used as capital goods by industries: • Engines and turbines • Machine tools • Mining and oilfield equipment • Professional radio, television and communication equipment • Motion picture production equipment • Measuring and controlling equipment • Other scientific, commercial and industrial machinery
- Renting and operational leasing of land-transport equipment (other than motor vehicles) without drivers: • Motorcycles, caravans and campers etc. • Railroad vehicles
- Renting and operational leasing of water-transport equipment without operator: • Commercial boats and ships
- Renting and operational leasing of air transport equipment without operator: • Airplanes • Hot-air balloons
- Renting and operational leasing of agricultural and forestry machinery and equipment without operator: • Renting of products produced by class 2821, such as agricultural tractors etc.
- Renting and operational leasing of construction and civil-engineering machinery and equipment without operator: • Crane lorries • Scaffolds and work platforms, without erection and dismantling
- Renting and operational leasing of office machinery and equipment without operator: • Computers and computer peripheral equipment • Duplicating machines, typewriters and word-processing machines • Accounting machinery and equipment: cash registers, electronic calculators etc. • Office furniture
- Renting of accommodation or office containers
- Renting of containers
- Renting of pallets
- Renting of animals (e.g. herds, race horses)
- Media equipment rental
- Leasing of intellectual property products (except copyrighted works, such as books or software)
- Receiving royalties or licensing fees for the use of: • Patented entities • Trademarks or service marks • Brand names • Mineral exploration and evaluation • Franchise agreements
- Intellectual property services
- Personnel search, selection referral and placement activities, including executive placement and search activities
- Activities of casting agencies and bureaus, such as theatrical casting agencies
- Activities of on-line employment placement agencies
- Supplying workers to clients' businesses for limited periods of time to temporarily replace or supplement the working force of the client, where the individuals provided are employees of the temporary help service unit
- Provision of human resources for client businesses this provision of human resources is typically done on a long-term or permanent basis and the units classified here may perform a wide range of human resource and personnel management duties associated with this provision.
Travel agency activities
- Activities of agencies primarily engaged in selling travel, tour, transportation and accommodation services to the general public and commercial clients
Tour operator activities
- Arranging and assembling tours that are sold through travel agencies or directly by tour operators. the tours may include any or all of the following: • Transportation • Accommodation • Food • Visits to museums, historical or cultural sites, theatrical, musical or sporting events.
- Ticket sales activities for theatrical, sports and other amusement and entertainment events
- Provision of other travel-related reservation services: • Reservations for transportation, hotels, restaurants, car rentals, entertainment and sport etc.
- Provision of time-share exchange services
- Provision of visitor assistance services: • Provision of travel information to visitors • Activities of tourist guides
- Tourism promotion activities
- monitoring or remote monitoring of electronic security alarm systems, such as burglar and fire alarms, including their maintenance
- installing, repairing, rebuilding, and adjusting mechanical or electronic locking devices,
- safes and security vaults The units carrying out these activities may also engage in selling such security systems, mechanical or electronic locking devices, safes and security vaults.
- Provision of a combination of support services within a client's facility, such as general interior cleaning, maintenance, trash disposal, guard and security, mail routing, reception, laundry and related services to support operations within facilities. units classified here provide operating staff to carry out these support activities, but are not involved with or responsible for the core business or activities of the client.
- General facilities and services engineering consultancy
- Facilities management services
- Security and safety advisory
- Safety and prevention against fire engineering consultancy
General cleaning of buildings
- General (non-specialized) cleaning of all types of buildings, such as: • Offices • Houses or apartments • Factories • Shops • Institutions
- General (non-specialized) cleaning of other business and professional premises and multiunit residential buildings these activities cover mostly interior cleaning although they may include the cleaning of associated exterior areas such as windows or passageways.
Other building and industrial cleaning activities
- Exterior cleaning of buildings of all types, including offices, factories, shops, institutions and other business and professional premises and multiunit residential buildings
- Specialized cleaning activities for buildings such as window cleaning, chimney cleaning and cleaning of fireplaces, stoves, furnaces, incinerators, boilers, ventilation ducts and exhaust units
- Swimming pool cleaning and maintenance services
- Cleaning of industrial machinery
- Bottle cleaning
- Cleaning of trains, buses, planes, etc.
- Cleaning of the inside of road and sea tankers
- Disinfecting and exterminating activities
- Street sweeping and snow and ice removal
- Other building and industrial cleaning activities, n.e.c.
- Planting, care and maintenance of: • Parks and gardens for: 1. Private and public housing 2. Public and semi-public buildings (schools, hospitals, administrative buildings, church buildings etc.) 3. Municipal grounds (parks, green areas, cemeteries etc.) 4. Highway greenery (roads, train lines and tramlines, waterways, ports) 5. Industrial and commercial buildings • Greenery for: 1. Buildings (roof gardens, façade greenery, indoor gardens) 2. Sports grounds (e.g. football fields, golf courses etc.), play grounds, lawns for sunbathing and other recreational parks 3. Stationary and flowing water (basins, alternating wet areas, ponds, swimming pools, ditches, watercourses, plant sewage systems) • Plants for protection against noise, wind, erosion, visibility and dazzling
- Maintenance of land in order to keep it in good ecological condition
Combined office administrative service activities
- Provision of a combination of day-to-day office administrative services, such as reception, financial planning, billing and record keeping, personnel and physical distribution (mail services) and logistics for others on a contract or fee basis.
- Administrative services for businessmen
- Businessman services
- Corporate services provider
Photocopying, document preparation and other specialized office support activities
- Document preparation
- Document editing or proofreading
- Typing, word processing, or desktop publishing
- Secretarial support services
- Transcription of documents, and other secretarial services
- Letter or resume writing
- Provision of mailbox rental and other mailing activities (except direct mail advertising)
- Other document copying services without also providing printing services, such as offset printing, quick printing, digital printing, prepress services
- Activities of inbound call centres, answering calls from clients by using human operators, automatic call distribution, computer telephone integration, interactive voice response systems or similar methods to receive orders, provide product information, deal with customer requests for assistance or address customer complaints
- Activities of outbound call centers using similar methods to sell or market goods or services to potential customers, undertake market research or public opinion polling and similar activities for clients
- Organization, promotion and/or management of events, such as business and trade shows, conventions, conferences and meetings, whether or not including the management and provision of the staff to operate the facilities in which these events take place
Activities of collection agencies and credit bureaus
- Collection of payments for claims and remittance of payments collected to the clients, such as bill or debt collection services
- Compiling of information, such as credit and employment histories on individuals and credit histories on businesses and providing the information to financial institutions, retailers and others who have a need to evaluate the creditworthiness of these persons and businesses
- Packaging activities on a fee or contract basis, whether or not these involve an automated process: • Bottling of liquids, including beverages and food • Packaging of solids (blister packaging, foil-covered etc.) • Security packaging of pharmaceutical preparations • Labeling, stamping and imprinting • Parcel-packing and gift-wrapping
Other business support service activities n.e.c.
- Providing verbatim reporting and stenotype recording of live legal proceedings and transcribing subsequent recorded materials, such as: • Court reporting or stenotype recording services • Public stenography services
- Real-time (i.e. simultaneous) closed captioning of live television performances of meetings, conferences
- Address bar coding services
- Bar code imprinting services
- Fundraising organization services on a contract or fee basis
- Mail presorting services
- Repossession services
- Parking meter coin collection services
- Activities of independent auctioneers
- Administration of loyalty programmes
- Other support activities typically provided to businesses not elsewhere classified
Passenger rail transport, interurban
- passenger transport by inter-urban railways
- operation of sleeping cars or dining cars as an integrated operation of railway companies
 Other land transport This group includes all land-based transport activities other than rail transport. However, rail transport as part of urban or suburban transport systems is included here.
Urban and suburban passenger land transport
- land transport of passengers by urban or suburban transport systems. This may include different modes of land transport, such as by motorbus, tramway, streetcar, trolley bus, underground and elevated railways etc. The transport is carried out on scheduled routes normally following a fixed time schedule, entailing the picking up and setting down of passengers at normally fixed stops.
- town-to-airport or town-to-station lines
- operation of funicular railways, aerial cableways etc. if part of urban or suburban transit systems
Other passenger land transport
- other passenger road transport: scheduled long-distance bus services, charters, excursions and other occasional coach services, taxi operation and airport shuttles
- operation of telfers (téléphériques), funiculars, ski and cable lifts if not part of urban or suburban transit systems
- other renting of private cars with driver
- operation of school buses and buses for transport of employees
- passenger transport by man- or animal-drawn vehicles
Freight transport by road
- all freight transport operations by road: logging haulage, stock haulage, refrigerated haulage, heavy haulage, bulk haulage, including haulage in tanker trucks, haulage of automobiles, transport of waste and waste materials, without collection or disposal
- furniture removal
- renting of trucks with driver
- freight transport by man or animal-drawn vehicles
- transport of gases, liquids, water, slurry and other commodities via pipelines
- operation of pump stations
 Sea and coastal water transport This group includes the transport of passengers or freight on vessels designed for operatingon sea or coastal waters. Also included is the transport of passengers or freight ongreat lakes etc. when similar types of vessels are used.
Sea and coastal passenger water transport
- transport of passengers over seas and coastal waters, whether scheduled or not: operation of excursion, cruise or sightseeing boats operation of ferries, water taxis etc.
- renting of pleasure boats with crew for sea and coastal water transport (e.g. for fishing cruises)
Sea and coastal freight water transport
- transport of freight over seas and coastal waters, whether scheduled or not
- transport by towing or pushing of barges, oil rigs etc.
Inland passenger water transport
- transport of passenger via rivers, canals, lakes and other inland waterways, including inside harbours and ports
- renting of pleasure boats with crew for inland water transport
Inland freight water transport
- transport of freight via rivers, canals, lakes and other inland waterways, including inside harbours and ports
- transport of passengers by air over regular routes and on regular schedules
- charter flights for passengers
- scenic and sightseeing flights
- renting of air-transport equipment with operator for the purpose of passenger transportation
- general aviation activities, such as: transport of passengers by aero clubs for instruction or pleasure
Freight air transport
- transport freight by air over regular routes and on regular schedules
- non-scheduled transport of freight by air
- launching of satellites and space vehicles
- space transport
- renting of air-transport equipment with operator for the purpose of freight transportation
- Operation of storage and warehouse facilities for all kind of goods: operation of grain silos, general merchandise warehouses, refrigerated warehouses, storage tanks etc.
- storage of goods in foreign trade zones
 Support activities for transportation This group includes activities supporting the transport of passengers or freight, such as operation of parts of the transport infrastructure or activities related to handling freight immediately before or after transport or between transport segments. The operation and maintenance of all transport facilities is included.
Service activities incidental to land transportation
- activities related to land transport of passengers, animals or freight: operation of terminal facilities such as railway stations, bus stations, stations for the handling of goods operation of railroad infrastructure, operation of roads, bridges, tunnels, car parks or garages, bicycle parkings
- switching and shunting
- towing and roadside assistance
- liquefaction of gas for transportation purposes
Service activities incidental to water transportation
- activities related to water transport of passengers, animals or freight: operation of terminal facilities such as harbours and piers, operation of waterway locks etc., navigation, pilotage and berthing activities, lighterage, salvage activities and lighthouse activities
Service activities incidental to air transportation
- Activities related to air transport of passengers, animals or freight: operation of terminal facilities such as airway terminals etc. airport and air-traffic-control activities and ground service activities on airfields etc.
- firefighting and fire-prevention services at airports
- loading and unloading of goods or passengers' luggage irrespective of the mode of transport used for transportation
- loading and unloading of freight railway cars
Other transportation support activities
- forwarding of freight
- arranging or organizing of transport operations by rail, road, sea or air
- organization of group and individual consignments (including pickup and delivery of goods and grouping of consignments)
- logistics activities, i.e. planning, designing and supporting operations of transportation, warehousing and distribution
- issue and procurement of transport documents and waybills
- activities of customs agents
- activities of sea-freight forwarders and air-cargo agents
- brokerage for ship and aircraft space
- goods-handling operations, e.g. temporary crating for the sole purpose of protecting
- the goods during transit, uncrating, sampling, weighing of goods
This class includes the activities of postal services operating under a universal service obligation. The activities include use of the universal service infrastructure, including retail locations, sorting and processing facilities, and carrier routes to pickup and deliver the mail. The delivery can include letter-post, i.e. letters, postcards, printed papers (newspaper, periodicals, advertising items, etc.), small packets, goods or documents. Also included are other services necessary to support the universal service obligation.
- pickup, sorting, transport and delivery (domestic or international) of letter-post and (mail-type) parcels and packages by postal services operating under a universal service obligation. One or more modes of transport may be involved and the activity may be carried out with either self-owned (private) transport or via public transport.
- collection of letter-mail and parcels from public letter-boxes or from post offices
- distribution and delivery of mail and parcels
This class includes courier activities not operating under a universal service obligation.
- pickup, sorting, transport and delivery (domestic or international) of letter-post and (mail-type) parcels and packages by firms not operating under a universal service obligation. One or more modes of transport may be involved and the activity may be carried out with either self-owned (private) transport or via public transport.
- Distribution and delivery of mail and parcels
- Home delivery services
Construction of complete residential or non-residential buildings, on own account for sale or on a fee or contract basis. Outsourcing parts or even the whole construction process is possible. If only specialized parts of the construction process are carried out, the activity is classified in division 43
- construction of all types of residential buildings: single-family houses, multi-family buildings, including high-rise buildings
- construction of all types of non-residential buildings: buildings for industrial production, e.g. factories, workshops, assembly plants etc. hospitals, schools, office buildings, hotels, stores, shopping malls, restaurants, airport buildings, indoor sports facilities, parking garages, including underground parking garages, warehouses, religious buildings
- assembly and erection of prefabricated constructions on the site
- remodeling or renovating existing residential structures
- construction of motorways, streets, roads, other vehicular and pedestrian ways
- surface work on streets, roads, highways, bridges or tunnels: asphalt paving of roads, road painting and other marking, installation of crash barriers, traffic signs and the like
- construction of bridges, including those for elevated highways
- construction of tunnels
- construction of railways and subways
- construction of airfield runways
Construction of distribution lines and related buildings and structures that are integral part of these systems.
- construction of industrial facilities, except buildings, such as: refineries and chemical plants
- construction of waterways, harbour and river works, pleasure ports (marinas), locks, etc. dams and dykes
- dredging of waterways
- construction work, other than buildings, such as: outdoor sports facilities
- land subdivision with land improvement (e.g. adding of roads, utility infrastructure etc.)
- demolition or wrecking of buildings and other structures
Site preparation This class includes the preparation of sites for subsequent construction activities.
- clearing of building sites
- earth moving: excavation, landfill, levelling and grading of construction sites, trench digging, rock removal, blasting, etc.
- drilling, boring and core sampling for construction, geophysical, geological or similar purposes
- site preparation for mining overburden removal and other development and preparation of mineral properties and sites, except oil and gas sites
- building site drainage
- drainage of agricultural or forestry land
- painting of civil engineering structures
- installation of glass, mirrors, etc.
- cleaning of new buildings after construction
- other building completion work n.e.c.
- interior installation of shops, mobile homes, boats etc
- application in buildings or other construction projects of interior and exterior plaster or stucco, including related lathing materials
- installation of doors (except automated and revolving), windows, door and window frames, of wood or other materials
- installation of fitted kitchens, staircases, shop fittings and the like
- installation of furniture
- interior completion such as ceilings, wooden wall coverings, movable partitions, etc.
- laying, tiling, hanging or fitting in buildings or other construction projects of ceramic, concrete or cut stone wall or floor tiles, ceramic stove fitting parquet and other wooden floor coverings carpets and linoleum floor coverings, including of rubber or plastic terrazzo, marble, granite or slate floor or wall coverings and wallpaper
- interior and exterior painting of buildings
- construction activities specializing in one aspect common to different kind of structures, requiring specialized skill or equipment: construction of foundations, including pile driving, damp proofing and water proofing works, de-humidification of buildings, shaft sinking, erection of non-self-manufactured steel elements, steel bending, bricklaying and stone setting, roof covering for residential buildings, scaffolds and work platform erecting and dismantling, excluding renting of scaffolds and work platforms erection of chimneys and industrial ovens, work with specialist access requirements necessitating climbing skills and the use of related equipment, e.g. working at height on tall structures
- subsurface work
- construction of outdoor swimming pools
- steam cleaning, sand blasting and similar activities for building exteriors
- renting of cranes with operator
 Hospital activities - short- or long-term hospital activities, i.e. medical, diagnostic and treatment activities, of general hospitals (e.g. community and regional hospitals, hospitals of non-profit organizations, university hospitals, military-base and prison hospitals) and specialized hospitals (e.g. mental health and substance abuse hospitals, hospitals for infectious diseases, maternity hospitals, specialized sanatoriums)
 Medical and dental practice activities - This class includes: - medical consultation and treatment in the field of general and specialized medicine by general practitioners and medical specialists and surgeons - dental practice activities of a general or specialized nature, e.g. dentistry, endodontic and pediatric dentistry; oral pathology - orthodontic activities - family planning centres providing medical treatment, such as sterilization and termination of pregnancy, without accommodation These activities can be carried out in private practice, group practices and in hospital outpatient clinics, and in clinics such as those attached to firms, schools, homes for the aged, labour organizations and fraternal organizations, as well as in patients' homes.
- dental activities in operating rooms
- Private consultants' services to inpatients
 Other human health activities - This class includes: - activities for human health not performed by hospitals or by medical doctors or dentists: activities of nurses, midwives, physiotherapists or other paramedical practitioners in the field of optometry, hydrotherapy, medical massage, occupational therapy, speech therapy, chiropody, homeopathy, chiropractice, acupuncture etc.These activities may be carried out in health clinics such as those attached to firms, schools, homes for the aged, labour organizations and fraternal organizations and in residential health facilities other than hospitals, as well as in own consulting rooms, patients' homes or elsewhere. These activities do not involve medical treatment.
- activities of dental paramedical personnel such as dental therapists, school dental nurses and dental hygienists, who may work remote from, but are periodically supervised by, the dentist
- activities of medical laboratories such as X-ray laboratories and other diagnostic imaging centres blood analysis laboratories
- activities of blood banks, sperm banks, transplant organ banks etc.
- ambulance transport of patients by any mode of transport including airplanes. These services are often provided during a medical emergency
- homes for the elderly with nursing care
- convalescent homes
- rest homes with nursing care
- nursing care facilities
- nursing homes
 Residential care activities for mental retardation, mental health and substance abuse - This class includes the provision of residential care (but not licensed hospital care) to people with mental retardation, mental illness, or substance abuse problems. Facilities provide room, board, protective supervision and counselling and some health care. It also includes provision of residential care and treatment for patients with mental health and substance abuse illnesses.
- psychiatric convalescent homes
- residential group homes for the emotionally disturbed
- mental retardation facilities
- mental health halfway houses
 Residential care activities for the elderly and disabled This class includes the provision of residential and personal care services for the elderly and disabled who are unable to fully care for themselves and/or who do not desire to live independently. The care typically includes room, board, supervision, and assistance in daily living, such as housekeeping services. In some instances these units provide skilled nursing care for residents in separate on-site facilities.
- assisted-living facilities
- continuing care retirement communities
- homes for the elderly with minimal nursing care
- rest homes without nursing care
 Creative, arts and entertainment activities This class includes the operation of facilities and provision of services to meet the cultural and entertainment interests of their customers. This includes the production and promotion of, and participation in, live performances, events or exhibits intended for public viewing; the provision of artistic, creative or technical skills for the production of artistic products and live performances.
- production of live theatrical presentations, concerts and opera or dance productions and other stage productions: activities of individual artists such as authors, actors, directors, musicians, lecturers or speakers, stage-set designers and builders etc.
- operation of concert and theatre halls and other arts facilities
- activities of sculptors, painters, cartoonists, engravers, etchers etc.
- activities of individual writers, for all subjects including fictional writing, technical writing etc.
- activities of independent journalists
- restoring of works of art such as paintings etc.
- activities of producers or entrepreneurs of arts live events, with or without facilities
 Libraries, archives, museums and other cultural activities - This division includes activities of libraries and archives; the operation of museums of all kinds, botanical and zoological gardens; the operation of historical sites and nature reserves activities. It also includes the preservation and exhibition of objects, sites and natural wonders of historical, cultural or educational interest (e.g. world heritage sites, etc).
- documentation and information activities of libraries of all kinds, reading, listening and viewing rooms, public archives providing service to the general public or to a special clientele, such as students, scientists, staff, members as well as operation of government archives: organization of a collection, whether specialized or not cataloguing collections lending and storage of books, maps, periodicals, films, records, tapes, works of art etc. retrieval activities in order to comply with information requests etc.
- stock photo libraries and services
Museums activities and operation of historical sites and buildings
- art museums, museums of jewellery, furniture, costumes, ceramics, silverware
- natural history, science and technological museums, historical museums, including military museums
- other specialized museums
- open-air museums
- operation of historical sites and buildings
Botanical and zoological gardens and nature reserves activities
- operation of botanical and zoological gardens, including children's zoos
- operation of nature reserves, including wildlife preservation, etc.
Operation of sports facilities
- Operation of facilities for indoor or outdoor sports events (open, closed or covered, with or without spectator seating): • Racetracks for auto • Football, hockey, cricket, baseball, jai-alai stadiums • Swimming pools and stadiums • Track and field stadiums • Winter sports arenas and stadiums • Ice-hockey arenas • Boxing arenas • Golf courses • Bowling lanes • Fitness centers
- Organization and operation of outdoor or indoor sports events for professionals or amateurs by organizations with own facilities this class includes managing and providing the staff to operate these facilities.
Activities of sports clubs
- Operation of sports clubs: • Football clubs • Bowling clubs • Swimming clubs • Golf clubs • Boxing clubs • Body-building clubs • Winter sports clubs • Chess clubs • Track and field clubs • Shooting clubs, etc.
Other sports activities
- Activities of producers or promoters of sports events, with or without facilities
- Activities of individual own account sportsmen and athletes, referees, judges, timekeepers etc.
- Activities of sports leagues and regulating bodies
- Activities related to promotion of sporting events
- Activities of racing garages
- Operation of sport fishing and hunting preserves
- Activities of mountain guides
- Support activities for sport or recreational hunting and fishing
- Sports consultancy
 Activities of amusement parks and theme parks activities of amusement parks or theme parks, including the operation of a variety of attractions, such as mechanical rides, water rides, games, shows, theme exhibits and picnic grounds
Other amusement and recreation activities n.e.c.
- activities of recreation parks, beaches, including renting of facilities such as bathhouses, lockers, chairs etc.
- operation of recreational transport facilities, e.g. marinas
- operation of ski hills
- renting of leisure and pleasure equipment as an integral part of recreational facilities
- operation of fairs and shows of a recreational nature
- operation of discotheques and dance floors
- operation (exploitation) of coin-operated games
- other amusement and recreation activities (except amusement parks and theme parks) not elsewhere classified
- activities of producers or entrepreneurs of live events other than arts or sports events, with or without facilities
 Activities of households as employers of domestic personnel - This class includes activities of households as employers of domestic personnel such as maids, cooks, waiters, valets, butlers, laundresses, gardeners, gatekeepers, stable-lads, chauffeurs, caretakers, governesses, babysitters, tutors, secretaries etc. It allows the domestic personnel employed to state the activity of their employer in censuses or studies, even though the employer is an individual. The product produced by this activity is consumed by the employing household.
- Activities of international organizations such as the United Nations and the specialized agencies of the United Nations system, regional bodies etc., the International Monetary Fund, the World Bank, the World Customs Organization, the Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development, the Organization of Petroleum Exporting Countries, the European Communities, the European Free Trade Association etc.
- Activities of diplomatic and consular missions when being determined by the country of their location rather than by the country they represent
Manufacture of other food products n.e.c.
- - decaffeinating and roasting of coffee
- - production of coffee products: ground coffee, soluble coffee and extracts and concentrates of coffee
- - manufacture of coffee substitutes
- - blending of tea and maté
- - manufacture of extracts and preparations based on tea or maté
- - manufacture of soups and broths
- - manufacture of special foods, such as: infant formula follow up milks and other follow up foods, baby foods and foods containing homogenized ingredients
- - manufacture of spices, sauces and condiments: mayonnaise, mustard flour and meal and prepared mustard etc.
- - manufacture of vinegar
- - manufacture of artificial honey and caramel
- - manufacture of perishable prepared foods, such as: sandwiches and fresh (uncooked) pizza
- - manufacture of herb infusions (mint, vervain, chamomile etc.)
- - manufacture of yeast
- - manufacture of extracts and juices of meat, fish, crustaceans or molluscs
- - manufacture of non-dairy milk and cheese substitutes
- - manufacture of egg products, egg albumin
- - processing of salt into food-grade salt, e.g. iodized salt
- - manufacture of artificial concentrates
- - manufacture of wearing apparel made of leather or composition leather, including leather industrial work accessories such as welder's leather aprons
- - manufacture of workwear
- - manufacture of other outerwear made of woven, knitted or crocheted fabric, nonwovens etc. for men, women and children: coats, suits, ensembles, jackets, trousers, skirts etc.
- - manufacture of underwear and nightwear made of woven, knitted or crocheted fabric, lace etc. for men, women and children:shirts, T-shirts, underpants, briefs, pyjamas, nightdresses, dressing gowns, blouses, slips, brassieres, corsets etc.
- - manufacture of babies' garments, tracksuits, ski suits, swimwear etc.
- - manufacture of hats and caps
- - manufacture of other clothing accessories: gloves, belts, shawls, ties, cravats, hairnets etc.
- - custom tailoring
- - manufacture of headgear of fur skins
- - manufacture of footwear of textile material without applied soles
- - production of basic precious metals: production and refining of unwrought or wrought precious metals: gold, silver, platinum etc. from ore and scrap
- - production of precious metal alloys
- - production of precious metal semi-products
- - production of silver rolled onto base metals
- - production of gold rolled onto base metals or silver
- - production of platinum and platinum group metals rolled onto gold, silver or base metals
- - production of aluminium from alumina
- - production of aluminium from electrolytic refining of aluminium waste and scrap
- - production of aluminium alloys
- - semi-manufacturing of aluminium
- - production of lead, zinc and tin from ores
- - production of lead, zinc and tin from electrolytic refining of lead, zinc and tin waste and scrap
- - production of lead, zinc and tin alloys
- - semi-manufacturing of lead, zinc and tin
- - production of copper from ores
- - production of copper from electrolytic refining of copper waste and scrap
- - production of copper alloys
- - manufacture of fuse wire or strip
- - semi-manufacturing of copper
- - production of chrome, manganese, nickel etc. from ores or oxides
- - production of chrome, manganese, nickel etc. from electrolytic and aluminothermic refining of chrome, manganese, nickel etc., waste and scrap
- - production of alloys of chrome, manganese, nickel etc.
- - semi-manufacturing of chrome, manganese, nickel etc.
- - production of mattes of nickel
- - production of uranium metal from pitchblende or other ores
- - smelting and refining of uranium
- - manufacture of wire of these metals by drawing
- - production of aluminium oxide (alumina)
- - production of aluminium wrapping foil
- - manufacture of aluminium (tin) foil laminates made from aluminum (tin) foil as primary component
- - manufacture of precious metal foil laminates
 Manufacture of furniture This class includes the manufacture of furniture of any kind, any material (except stone, concrete or ceramic) for any place and various purposes.
This class includes the manufacture of furniture of any kind, any material (except stone, concrete or ceramic) for any place and various purposes.
- manufacture of chairs and seats for offices, workrooms, hotels, restaurants, public and domestic premises
- manufacture of chairs and seats for theatres, cinemas and the like
- manufacture of sofas, sofa beds and sofa sets
- manufacture of garden chairs and seats
- manufacture of special furniture for shops: counters, display cases, shelves etc.
- manufacture of furniture for churches, schools, restaurants
- manufacture of office furniture
- manufacture of kitchen furniture
- manufacture of furniture for bedrooms, living rooms, gardens etc.
- manufacture of cabinets for sewing machines, televisions etc.
- manufacture of laboratory benches, stools and other laboratory seating, laboratory furniture (e.g. cabinets and tables)
- finishing such as upholstery of chairs and seats
- finishing of furniture such as spraying, painting, French polishing and upholstering
- manufacture of mattress supports
- manufacture of mattresses: mattresses fitted with springs or stuffed or internally fitted with a supporting material and uncovered cellular rubber or plastic mattresses
- decorative restaurant carts, such as dessert carts, food wagons
 Manufacture of jewellery, bijouterie and related articles This group includes the manufacture of jewellery and imitation jewellery articles.
Manufacture of jewellery and related articles
- production of worked pearls
- production of precious and semi-precious stones in the worked state, including the working of industrial quality stones and synthetic or reconstructed precious or semiprecious stones
- working of diamonds
- manufacture of jewellery of precious metal or of base metals clad with precious metals, or precious or semi-precious stones, or of combinations of precious metal and precious or semi-precious stones or of other materials
- manufacture of goldsmiths' articles of precious metals or of base metals clad with precious metals: dinnerware, flatware, hollowware, toilet articles, office or desk articles, articles for religious use etc.
- manufacture of technical or laboratory articles of precious metal (except instruments and parts thereof): crucibles, spatulas, electroplating anodes etc.
- manufacture of precious metal watch bands, wristbands, watch straps and cigarette cases
- manufacture of coins, including coins for use as legal tender, whether or not of precious metal
- engraving of personal precious and non-precious metal products
Manufacture of imitation jewellery and related articles
- manufacture of costume or imitation jewellery: rings, bracelets, necklaces, and similar articles of jewellery made from base metals plated with precious metals, jewellery containing imitation stones such as imitation gemstones, imitation diamonds, and similar
- manufacture of metal watch bands (except precious metal)
- manufacture of stringed instruments
- manufacture of keyboard stringed instruments, including automatic pianos
- manufacture of keyboard pipe organs, including harmoniums and similar keyboard instruments with free metal reeds
- manufacture of accordions and similar instruments, including mouth organs
- manufacture of wind instruments
- manufacture of percussion musical instruments
- manufacture of musical instruments, the sound of which is produced electronically
- manufacture of musical boxes, fairground organs, calliopes etc.
- manufacture of instrument parts and accessories: metronomes, tuning forks, pitch pipes, cards, discs and rolls for automatic mechanical instruments etc.
- manufacture of whistles, call horns and other mouth-blown sound signalling instruments
 Manufacture of sports goods This class includes the manufacture of sporting and athletic goods (except apparel and footwear).
This class includes the manufacture of sporting and athletic goods (except apparel and footwear).
- manufacture of articles and equipment for sports, outdoor and indoor games, of any material: hard, soft and inflatable balls, rackets, bats and clubs, skis, bindings and poles, ski-boots, sailboards and surfboards, requisites for sport fishing, including landing nets, requisites for hunting, mountain climbing etc., leather sports gloves and sports headgear, ice skates, roller skates etc, bows and crossbows, gymnasium, fitness centre or athletic equipment
 Manufacture of games and toys This class includes the manufacture of dolls, toys and games (including electronic games), scale models and children's vehicles (except metal bicycles and tricycles).
This class includes the manufacture of dolls, toys and games (including electronic games), scale models and childrens vehicles (except metal bicycles and tricycles).
- manufacture of action figures
- manufacture of dolls and doll garments, parts and accessories
- manufacture of toy animals
- manufacture of toy musical instruments
- manufacture of playing cards
- manufacture of board games and similar games
- manufacture of electronic games: chess etc.
- manufacture of reduced-size (“scale”) models and similar recreational models, electrical trains, construction sets etc.
- manufacture of coin-operated games, billiards, special tables for casino games, etc.
- manufacture of articles for funfair, table or parlour games
- manufacture of wheeled toys designed to be ridden, including plastic bicycles and tricycles
- manufacture of puzzles and similar articles
 Manufacture of medical and dental instruments and supplies This class includes the manufacture of laboratory apparatus, surgical and medical instruments, surgical appliances and supplies, dental equipment and supplies, orthodontic goods, dentures and orthodontic appliances. Included is the manufacture of medical, dental and similar furniture, where the additional specific functions determine the purpose of the product, such as dentist's chairs with built-in hydraulic functions.
This class includes the manufacture of laboratory apparatus, surgical and medical instruments, surgical appliances and supplies, dental equipment and supplies, orthodontic goods, dentures and orthodontic appliances. Included is the manufacture of medical, dental and similar furniture, where the additional specific functions determine the purpose of the product, such as dentist's chairs with built-in hydraulic functions.
- manufacture of surgical drapes and sterile string and tissue
- manufacture of dental fillings and cements (except denture adhesives), dental wax and other dental plaster preparations
- manufacture of bone reconstruction cements
- manufacture of dental laboratory furnaces
- manufacture of laboratory ultrasonic cleaning machinery
- manufacture of laboratory sterilizers
- manufacture of laboratory type distilling apparatus, laboratory centrifuges
- manufacture of medical, surgical, dental or veterinary furniture, such as: operating tables, examination tables, hospital beds with mechanical fittings and dentists' chairs
- manufacture of bone plates and screws, syringes, needles, catheters, cannulae, etc.
- manufacture of dental instruments (including dentists' chairs incorporating dental equipment)
- manufacture of artificial teeth, bridges, etc., made in dental labs
- manufacture of orthopedic and prosthetic devices
- manufacture of glass eyes
- manufacture of medical thermometers
- manufacture of ophthalmic goods, eyeglasses, sunglasses, lenses ground to prescription, contact lenses, safety goggles
- taxidermy activities
- manufacture of protective safety equipment
- manufacture of fire-resistant and protective safety clothing
- manufacture of linemen's safety belts and other belts for occupational use
- manufacture of cork life preservers
- manufacture of plastics hard hats and other personal safety equipment of plastics (e.g. athletic helmets)
- manufacture of fire-fighting protection suits
- manufacture of metal safety headgear and other metal personal safety devices
- manufacture of ear and noise plugs (e.g. for swimming and noise protection)
- manufacture of gas masks
- manufacture of brooms and brushes, including brushes constituting parts of machines, hand-operated mechanical floor sweepers, mops and feather dusters, paint brushes, paint pads and rollers, squeegees and other brushes, brooms, mops etc.
- manufacture of shoe and clothes brushes
- manufacture of pens and pencils of all kinds whether or not mechanical
- manufacture of pencil leads
- manufacture of date, sealing or numbering stamps, hand-operated devices for printing, or embossing labels, hand printing sets, prepared typewriter ribbons and inked pads
- manufacture of globes
- manufacture of umbrellas, sun-umbrellas, walking sticks, seat-sticks
- manufacture of buttons, press-fasteners, snap-fasteners, press-studs, slide fasteners
- manufacture of cigarette lighters
- manufacture of articles of personal use: smoking pipes, scent sprays, vacuum flasks and other vacuum vessels for personal or household use, wigs, false beards, eyebrows
- manufacture of miscellaneous articles: candles, tapers and the like; bouquets, wreaths and floral baskets; artificial flowers, fruit and foliage; jokes and novelties; hand sieves and hand riddles; tailors' dummies; burial caskets etc.
 Repair of transport equipment, except motor vehicles This class includes the repair and maintenance of transport equipment of division 30, except motorcycles and bicycles. However, the factory rebuilding or overhaul of ships, locomotives, railroad cars and aircraft is classified in division 30
This class includes the repair and maintenance of transport equipment of division 30, except motorcycles and bicycles. However, the factory rebuilding or overhaul of ships, locomotives, railroad cars and aircraft is classified in division 30
- repair and routine maintenance of ships
- repair and maintenance of pleasure boats
- repair and maintenance of locomotives and railroad cars (except factory rebuilding or factory conversion)
- repair and maintenance of aircraft (except factory conversion, factory overhaul, factory rebuilding)
- repair and maintenance of aircraft engines
- repair of animal drawn buggies and wagons
Start Small. Dream Big. Grow Faster.
SPC Free Zone offers a wide range of business support services as a one-stop shop solution for your business needs.