Partner/Investor Visa in Dubai, UAE: A Complete Guide 2024
An investor visa in Dubai, UAE also known as a business visa, is a type of visa that allows foreign investors to reside in the country for the purpose of establishing or owning a business. The UAE offers several investor visa options to attract foreign investment and promote economic growth.
Benefits of investor visa in Dubai, UAE:
UAE investor visa provides numerous benefits to individuals interested in investing and residing in the country. Some of the key benefits of the UAE investor visa are:
Business Opportunities: The UAE is known for its dynamic and thriving business environment, with a robust economy and valuable investment opportunities. Holding an investor visa allows individuals to explore and engage in various business ventures, partnerships, and investment activities in the country.
Residency: The investor visa grants long-term residency in the UAE and allows investors and their families to live, work, and study in the country for extended periods of time, which provides stability and security for investors and their dependents.
Tax Advantages: The UAE has a favourable tax regime, with no personal income tax, and a low-rate corporate tax applicable from June 2023. Investors can benefit from this business-friendly environment, retaining more of their income and profits.
Access to Regional Markets: The UAE is a gateway to the wider Middle East region and offers significant market potential. UAE investor visa allows individuals to set up and expand their business networks, access regional markets, and benefit from the strategic location of the UAE.
Sponsorship Options: Investor visa holders can sponsor their family members for dependent visas, the thing that unites families together and provides access to all the healthcare and education benefits the country provides.
World-Class Infrastructure: The UAE boasts a high standard of living and ultra-modern infrastructure, including state-of-the-art architectural edifices, advanced transportation systems, world-class healthcare facilities, and top-notch educational institutions.
Security and Stability: The UAE is known for its stable community and low crime rates. Investors and their families can enjoy a safe environment and a high quality of life.
Residency Options for Retirement: The UAE offers retirement visas for investors aged 55 and above, to enjoy their retirement years in the country.
The difference between an investor visa and a partner visa in Dubai, UAE
Although they’re commonly used interchangeably, and very close in terms of legality and benefits, an investor visa and a partner visa are two different types of visas that serve distinct purposes.
An investor visa is issued to individuals who establish a sole proprietorship company in the UAE, which has one owner with no partners or shareholders.
On the other hand, a partner visa is issued to business owners who establish a company in Dubai in UAE and other places in the UAE with more than one owner, partner, or shareholder.
Eligibility and Validity
Any individual above 18 years of age who is eligible to set up a company in Dubai and anywhere in the UAE can obtain an investor visa. The validity of the investor visa in Dubai and the UAE depends on the category of the visa, and they are:
- Property investment: 3 to 5 years.
- Investor/partner: 2 years.
- Golden visa:10 years.
- Retirement visa: 5 years.
At the end of the visa validity period, you have to renew your visa residency and go through all the necessary medical tests and Emirate ID card procedures. Reach out to a professional service provider, like SPC Free Zone, to help you with the process of renewing your visa and Emirates ID card with all ease and simplicity.
How to apply for an investor visa in Dubai, UAE
To apply for the Dubai, UAE investor visa, you must either have an investment in the UAE or form a new company in the country. If you already own a company in the UAE, you need to submit proof of your investment. The documents required include:
- Trade license.
- Memorandum of Association (MoA).
- Company Establishment Card.
- Share Certificate
- Formation Certificate
- Cancellation of any existing visa.
If you are establishing a new company and want to get an investor visa in Dubai, UAE, then you need to go through the following steps:
- Choosing your company’s legal structure: determine the appropriate legal structure for your company, such as a limited liability company (LLC), free zone establishment (FZE), or branch office.
- Registering your business: Proceed with registering your business with the relevant authority in the UAE. Depending on your business activity, the process may involve obtaining necessary licenses, permits, and approvals from the local authorities.
- Applying for the Investor /PartnerVisa: Once your business is registered, you can begin the visa application process, which in its turn involves several steps:
1. Submit the required Documents: submit the necessary documentation such as your passport, business license, lease agreement, business plan, bank statements, and other documents.
2. Submit the application: fill in the visa application form and submit it along with the required documents to the appropriate immigration authority in the emirate where you plan to establish your business.
3. Pay the fees: Pay the applicable visa fees which vary depending on the way of applying and the type of visa you are applying for.
4. Medical Examination and Biometrics: You are required to undergo a medical examination and provide biometric data as part of the visa application process.
5. Apply for your Emirates ID card: your Emirates ID card is an essential document that carries all your biometric information and allows you to access governmental services, open a bank account, and sign contracts.
6. Receive your Visa: If your application is approved, you will receive your investor visa. Make sure to adhere to the visa validity period and either renew or cancel the visa once expired.
Why choose SPC Free Zone?
SPC offers a fast and easy Sharjah freezone business setup in the UAE. As one of the most centrally located and easily accessible free zones in the region, it’s the ideal ecosystem to start and grow your business successfully with our competitive business setup packages. We help entrepreneurs obtain relevant business licenses and visas for the free zone. With SPC Free Zone, you can also take advantage of up to 20 visa quotas and maximize profits with zero paid-up share capital and 100% foreign ownership.
SPC Free Zone also provides an e-commerce and general trading license for all commercial activities. We aim to give business owners the tools and knowledge they need to navigate their way. Contact us today!
Want to set up a business in the UAE? Calculate your business setup cost today!