Terms and Conditions
These terms & conditions were last modified on Feb 7, 2023.
- Site Operation: The United Arab Emirates is our Country of Domicile. Sharjah Publishing City (SPC) controls this Site from the U.A.E. Sharjah Publishing City (SPC) makes no representation that this Site is appropriate for use in other locations. If you use this Site from other locations, you are responsible for ensuring compliance with local laws. You may not use, export or re-export any materials from this Site in violation of any applicable laws or regulations, including, but not limited to any U.A.E export laws and regulations.
- Multi-Currency Priced Transaction: The displayed price and currency selected by you, will be the same price and currency charged to the Card and printed on the Transaction Receipt.
- Office Foreign Assets Control (OFAC) Sanctioned Countries: Sharjah Publishing City (SPC) will not trade with or provide any services to individuals and companies owned or controlled by or acting for or on behalf of, OFAC targeted countries AND individuals, groups, and entities, such as terrorists and narcotics traffickers designated under the OFAC programs that are not country-specific.
- Representations By You: By visiting the Site, you represent, warrant and covenant that (a) you are at least 18 years old; (b) that all materials of any kind submitted by you to Sharjah Publishing City (SPC) through the Site or for inclusion on the Site will not plagiarize, violate or infringe upon the rights of any third-party including trade secret, copyright, trademark, trade dress, privacy, patent, or other personal or proprietary rights. The customer using the website who are Minor /under the age of 18 shall not register as a User of the website and shall not transact on or use the website.
- Permitted Use: You agree that you are only authorized to visit, view and retain a copy of pages of this Site for your own personal use, that you shall not duplicate, download, publish, modify, or otherwise distribute the material on this Site for any purpose other than for personal use, unless otherwise specifically authorized by Sharjah Publishing City (SPC) to do so. You also agree not to deep-link to the site for any purpose, unless specifically authorized by Sharjah Publishing City (SPC) to do so. The content and software on this Site is the property of Sharjah Publishing City (SPC). The cardholder must retain a copy of transaction records and Merchant policies and rules.
- Your Account: If you use Sharjah Publishing City (SPC) Site, you are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your account and password and for restricting access to your account from any devices, and you agree to accept responsibility for all activities that occur under your account or password. The Site shall not be responsible or liable, directly or indirectly, in any way for any loss or damage of any kind incurred as a result of, or in connection with, your failure to comply with this section.
- No Commercial Use: This Site may not be used by you for any commercial purposes such as to conduct sales of merchandise or services of any kind. You must obtain SPC’s prior written consent to make commercial offers of any kind on the Site, whether by advertising, solicitations, links, or any other form of communication. Sharjah Publishing City (SPC) will investigate and take appropriate legal action against anyone who violates this provision, including without limitation, removing the offending communication from the Site and barring such violators from use of the Site.
- Links And Search Results: The Site may automatically produce search results that reference and/or link to third party sites throughout the World Wide Web. Sharjah Publishing City (SPC) has no control over these sites or the content within them. Sharjah Publishing City (SPC) does not guarantee, represent or warrant that the content contained in the sites is accurate, legal and/or inoffensive. Sharjah Publishing City (SPC) does not endorse the content of any third-party site, nor does it make any representation or warranty about these sites, including that they will not contain viruses or otherwise impact your computer. By using the Site to search for or link to another site, you agree and understand that you may not make any claim against Sharjah Publishing City (SPC) for any damages or losses, whatsoever, resulting from your use of the Site to obtain search results or to link to another site. If you have a problem with a link from the Site, you may notify us at email@example.com
- Copyright Policy: Sharjah Publishing City (SPC) may terminate the privileges of any user who uses this Site to unlawfully transmit copyrighted material without a license, express consent, valid defense, or fair use exemption to do so. If you submit information to this Site, you warrant that the information does not infringe the copyrights or other rights of third parties.
- You acknowledge and agree that Sharjah Publishing City (SPC) will own all rights, titles and interests in and to any copy, translation, modification, adaptation, derivative work or improvement of the On- line Materials made by or for you. At SPC request, you must execute, or obtain the execution of, any instrument that may be necessary to assign these rights, titles or interests to Sharjah Publishing City (SPC) or perfect these rights, titles or interests in SPC’s name.DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTY, LIMITATION OF DAMAGES. Sharjah Publishing City (SPC) MAKES NO WARRANTY OR REPRESENTATION OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO WARRANTY OF TITLE OR NON-INFRINGEMENT OR IMPLIED WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, NON-INFRINGEMENT OR OTHER VIOLATION OF RIGHTS IN RELATION TO THE AVAILABILITY, ACCURACY, VALIDITY, RELIABILITY OR CONTENT OF THESE PAGES AND/OR THE SITE. Sharjah Publishing City (SPC) ALSO DOES NOT MAKE ANY REPRESENTATION OR WARRANTY REGARDING THE ACCURACY OR RELIABILITY OF ANY ADVICE, OPINION, STATEMENT OR OTHER INFORMATION THAT IS SUBMITTED, DISPLAYED OR UPLOADED THROUGH THE SITE BY ANY USER. Sharjah Publishing City (SPC) SHALL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, LOST PROFITS OR FOR BUSINESS INTERRUPTION ARISING OUT OF THE USE OF OR INABILITY TO USE THIS SITE, EVEN IF Sharjah Publishing City (SPC) HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW EXCLUSION OF CERTAIN WARRANTIES OR LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY, SO THE ABOVE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. THE LIABILITY OF Sharjah Publishing City (SPC) WOULD IN SUCH CASE BE LIMITED TO THE GREATEST EXTENT OF LIABILITY PERMITTED BY LAW.
- License Granted By You: By providing materials to SPC, including by submitting or uploading content or materials for use on the Site you represent and warrant that you or the owner of all rights to such content or materials has expressly granted Sharjah Publishing City (SPC) an irrevocable worldwide right in all languages and in perpetuity to use and exploit all or any part of the content and materials provided by you. Sharjah Publishing City (SPC) may publish and distribute any such submitted content or materials at its sole discretion by any method now existing or later developed. You agree that you shall waive all claims and have no recourse against Sharjah Publishing City (SPC) for any alleged or actual infringement or misappropriation of any proprietary rights in any communication, content or material submitted to Sharjah Publishing City (SPC). Any communication or materials you send to Sharjah Publishing City (SPC) will be treated as non-confidential and non-proprietary and may be disseminated or used by Sharjah Publishing City (SPC) for any purpose, including, but not limited to, developing, creating, manufacturing, or marketing products or services.
- Advertising: The Site may contain advertisements and/or sponsorships. The advertisers and/or sponsors that provide these advertisements and sponsorships are solely responsible for ensuring that the materials submitted for inclusion on the Site are accurate and comply with all applicable laws. Sharjah Publishing City (SPC) is not responsible for the acts or omissions of any advertiser or sponsor.
- Visa Quota: For the Publishing and Standard Packages, 100 visa quotas are subject to approval and are only available if you lease a facility in SPC Free Zone. With coworking, you can get up to 6 visa quotas.
Payment confirmation (for services): Once the payment is made, the confirmation notice will be sent to the client via email within 5 business days of receipt of payment.
Cancellation Policy: Cancellation requests after payment has been made will not be accepted.
- Authority reserves the right to suspend all services to Company and withdraw the Company’s license if there are any overdue invoices. Company shall settle all invoices raised by the Authority without any setoff or deduction and free and clear of all taxes and in a manner so that the Authority shall receive full value in cleared funds.
- Authority reserves the right to consider a refund application based on the criteria given below: Immigration card is rejected. Authority reserves the right to enforce an administrative fee of AED 2,100 in case of Immigration card rejection.
- Refunds will be made as per the original mode of payment and will be processed within 10 to 45 days depending on the issuing bank of the credit card.
- Authority reserves the right to reject any refund application.
- Authority reserves the right to reject any refund applications if the Immigration Card of Company has been rejected by the Immigration Department due to any pending criminal or civil cases against the Representatives of the Company.
- Authority reserves the right to reject any refund applications if the Company fails to provide any attested original documents requested that of the Representatives.
- Refund is not applicable for supplementary services.
Headings & section titles in this Agreement are for convenience and do not define, limit, or extend any provision of this Agreement.
Acceptance of terms through use:
- It is the user’s responsibility to check periodically for any changes that may have been posted.
- The continued use of the site pursuant to the posting of any changes will constitute the user’s implied acceptance of the modified terms and conditions of use.
Terms & Conditions for Visa Applications
- Sharjah Publishing City – Free Zone authority will commence any application once proper and complete documents are submitted and payment is cleared.
- The cut-off time for documents to be submitted and payments to be received is 1:00PM, anything received after this time will be considered towards the following working
- The timeline correlates to working days and not calendar
- During periods in and around Ramadan, days of mourning, Eid and other national or religious holidays, the indicated timelines are likely to get extended.
Terms & Conditions for Trade Name
- The trade name shall not be previously reserved for the same activity or other activities in the same group.
- The trade name shall not include any form of religious wording.
- The trade name shall not include the name of any person, but it may only include partner/owner name registered in the license.
- It is not permitted to translate the trade names; the name shall be transliterated in two languages.
- Any names of countries, regions, or governments, as well as global political organizations, sectarian, or religious affiliations, must be excluded from the trade name.
- The trade name must not be identical or confusingly like a local or international brand or a trademark registered with the Ministry of Economy.
- The trade name must be compatible with the company’s activity and legal form.
- It is not allowed to reserve a trade name beginning with the word “Universal”, “Middle East”, “International” or translate the same to Arabic.
- The reservation of trade name is valid for six months; otherwise, the customer shall reserve the trade name again and pay all applicable fees.
- It is not allowed to register the trademarks with the Sharjah Publishing City – Free Zone authority; but you shall register the trademarks with the Trademarks Department of the Ministry of Economy.
- The trade name will be automatically cancelled at the end of the reservation period if the customer fails to issue the commercial License.
- Sharjah Publishing City – Free Zone authority has the right to cancel or change the trade name if the name is like an existing trade name as per the regulations of the free zone.
Terms & Conditions for New License
- Licenses will be issued in 45 minutes; however, some applications are subject to fulfil and comply with MOE
Terms & Conditions for Renewal of License
- The renewal cost of the license will be the same on the first year. At the point where additional visa allocation is required, a license fee upgrade (as per the package at the time of sign up) will be charged accordingly.
- A license can only be either renewed or canceled. Failure to renew or cancel may result in fines.
- Fines of 200 AED per month will apply for license renewed after the 2-month grace period. Additionally, immigration fines may be incurred for expired establishment card and eChannel.
- Failure to renew the trade license at least 30 days prior to its expiry will result to the suspension of SPC services.Visas, NOC’s, salary certificates etc. will not be available until renewal is completed.
- If payment for the renewal (Co-working and Facility package) is not received at the time of license expiry, all ancillary services will be discontinued i.e. dedicated telephone number, P.O. Box you have subscribed for. This means that new fees will apply including any fines and reconnections charges.
- Any promotion availed at the time of set up is valid for 2 months unless specified otherwise.
- All processed applications should complete within 15 days from the date of submission, otherwise it will be cancelled.
Terms & Conditions for Visa Services
- Timeline may take more time for certain applications where further verification from Federal Authority for Identity, Citizenship, Customs, & Port Security and other external approvals are required.
- Once change of status is completed, travelling outside of the UAE is not possible until the passport is stamped with the residency visa, or the entry permit is cancelled.